August 22, 2023
Plunkett Research, Ltd., a Houston-based market research firm, has published a complete, new report on the Biotech, Pharmaceuticals & Genetics Industry. (Plunkett’s Biotech, Pharmaceuticals & Genetics Industry Almanac 2024, https://www.plunkettresearch.com/printed-book-ebook-plunkett-industry-almanac/?Industry=biotech-pharmaceuticals-genetics-market-research/). It contains hundreds of pages of vital insights, including forecasts, market sizing, technologies analysis, trends analysis and statistical tables, as well as data on top global companies.
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Biotech, Pharmaceuticals & Genetics Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 8
Companies Profiled: 350
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Biotech, Pharmaceuticals & Genetics Industry.
Plunkett Research Provides Unique Analysis of the Following Major Trends Affecting the Biotech, Pharmaceuticals & Genetics Industry
- The State of the Biotechnology Industry Today
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Biotech, Pharmaceuticals & Genetics Industry
- A Short History of Biotechnology
- Fast Track Drugs Come to Market in the U.S. with FDA Cooperation
- Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expired
- Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
- Major Drug Companies Acquire or Partner With Smaller Biotech Firms
- Pharmaceutical R&D Improves with Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- From Korea to India to Singapore to China, Nations Compete Fiercely in Biotech Development
- Patients’ Genetic Profiles Plummet in Price as DNA Sequencing Technologies Advance
- Gene Therapies Target Defective Genes/CRISPR Advances DNA Editing
- Vaccines & Viruses as Therapies/mRNA Shows Great Promise
- Massive R&D Investment Required for Development and Approval of New Drugs/Drug Prices Soar
- Generic Drugs Have Biggest Market Share by Unit Volume, but not by Total Revenues
- America Pays Higher Prices for Drugs Than Other Nations/U.S. Government Launches Drug Price Negotiation and Control Powers for Medicare
- Biotech and Orphan Drugs Create New Revenues for Drug Firms
- Revolutionary New Drugs (Ozempic, Wegovy) Treat Obesity, Diabetes and Addiction
- Biosimilars (Generic Biotech Drugs) Receive FDA Guidelines for Accelerated Approval/Competition Will Be Fierce
- Market for CBD
- Stem Cells and 3-D Printing—A New Era of Tissue Replacement Takes Shape
- Genetically Modified (GM) Seeds and Crops Planted in Dozens of Nations/Agribio R&D Investment Is High
- Genetically Modified (GM) Foods Prompt Controversy, Labeling and Legislation
- Plant-Based Meat Substitutes Developed
- Selective Plant Breeding, Mutagenesis and Gene-Editing, Including CRISPR, as Alternatives to GM Seeds
- Immunotherapy, ADCs and CAR-T Create Exciting New Approach to Fighting Cancers
- Technology Discussion—Genes and DNA
- Technology Discussion—Proteins and Proteomics
- Technology Discussion—DNA Chips
- Technology Discussion—SNPs (“Snips”)
- Technology Discussion—Synthetic Biology
- Technology Discussion—Recombinant DNA
- Technology Discussion—Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
Plunkett Research Provides In-Depth Tables for the Following Biotech, Pharmaceuticals & Genetics Industry Statistics
- Biotech Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- The U.S. Drug Discovery & Approval Process
- U.S. FDA New Drug (NDA) and Biologic (BLA) Approvals, 2022
- Employment in Life & Physical Science Occupations by Business Type, U.S.: May 2022
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Basic Research, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2022-2024
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Pharmaceutical Products: 2017-2022
- Prescription Drug Expenditures, U.S.: Selected Years, 2015-2031
- NSF Budget by Appropriation (Dollars in Millions), Fiscal Years 2022-2024