August 30, 2022
Plunkett Research, Ltd., a Houston-based market research firm, has published a complete, new report on the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry. (Plunkett’s Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Almanac 2023, https://www.plunkettresearch.com/printed-book-ebook-plunkett-industry-almanac/?Industry=travel-tourism-market-research/). It contains hundreds of pages of vital insights, including forecasts, market sizing, technologies analysis, trends analysis and statistical tables, as well as data on top global companies.
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 9
Companies Profiled: 300
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry.
Major Trends Affecting the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry
- Introduction to the Travel Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry
- Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
- Major Airlines Change Strategy, Charge Fees
- Some International Airlines Cut First Class Seats and Add to Business Class/Premium Economy Now Widely Available
- Private Jet Sharing and Rentals Soar
- Boeing and Airbus Compete for New Orders
- New Aircraft Designs Offer Greater Passenger Comfort/More Efficient Engines
- Supersonic Jets Fly Again
- Hydrogen and Electric Powered Airplanes Are Under Research and Development
- Airports Expand
- China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways, Airports & Silk Road
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
- Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Gained Popularity as Certification Standards Emerged
- Luxury Hotel Chains Expanded Globally
- What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
- Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels, to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling to Fitness Options
- Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
- Localization Will Drive Hotel Features, Marketing
- Dog-Friendly Hotels Will Gain Market Share
- Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, Vrbo and Many Global Competitors
- Cruise Industry Rebuilds After the Coronavirus
- Small Cruise Ships Feature Adventure, Luxury, Intimacy or Access to More Places
- River Cruise Lines Launched with Low Capital Investment and High Fares
- Chinese Tourism Will Create Growth Opportunities for the Cruise and Hotel Industries
- New Technologies Show Promise for Port and Airport Security
- High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Advance in China and Europe
- U.S. Passenger Train Projects Receive Funding, Including Light Rail and All Aboard Florida
- Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
- Space Travel Firms Seek Tourists/New Vehicles for U.S. Astronauts
Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics
- Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996-2021
- Consolidation in U.S. Airlines
- U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2010-2042
- Top Regions of U.S. Residents Traveling Abroad (Outbound): 2020-2021
- Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2021 System Scheduled Enplanements
- Cruise Line Industry Overview, U.S.: 2015-2021
- Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2019-4th Quarter 2021
- Employment in the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry, U.S.: 2016-May 2022