HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry Almanac, 2014 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The internet and advanced information systems have made radical improvements throughout the supply chain, many linked with trends towards outsourcing and offshoring. The shale oil production boom is increasing demand for rail services in order to get oil to refineries, while the boom in natural gas production is boosting the use of natural gas to fuel trucks and locomotives.
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and industry statistics
- Industry associations list
- Profiles of leading companies
Statistical Tables Provided: 34
Companies Profiled: 493
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
This carefully-researched book is a complete market research and business intelligence tool—everything you need to know about the business of transportation and logistics including:
- RFID (radio frequency ID tags) and their affect on businesses of all types
- Air transportation and air cargo
- Ocean shipping
- Rail transportation
- Trucking, including less than truckload (LTL)
- Courier and overnight delivery, services and systems
- Globalization, offshoring and outsourcing, and their effects on transportation
- Changes in retail store chains’ logistics and direct-to-store inventory methods
- The latest in passenger aircraft design
- Challenges faced by major airports
- Challenges in security at ports, airports and railways
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Air New Zealand Ltd
- Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc
- International Airlines Group (IAG)
- Nagoya Railroad Co Ltd
- Werner Enterprises Inc
Plunkett Research is a leading provider of industry trends analysis and market research. Plunkett’s products save time and effort when you need competitive intelligence, market research or marketing data.