HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Sharing & Gig Economy Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The penetration of digital technology into all aspects of life is no better represented than in the adjustment of work arrangements through the sharing economy. A sometimes-misunderstood term, the “sharing economy” is a system of peer-to-peer exchanges or rentals facilitated through a digital intermediary. Closely intertwined with the sharing economy is an expansion of “gig” and freelance work through digital platforms. These platforms allow increased access to services and workers in ways not seen before. Plunkett Research estimates the size of the global sharing economy at $129.3 billion for 2019 with the industry expected to grow to $335 billion by 2025.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 150 companies in the Sharing & Gig Economy Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-558-5 (Available)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-903-3 (Available)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 5
Companies Profiled: 157
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Sharing & Gig Economy business including:
- Introduction to the Sharing & Gig Economy Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Sharing & Gig Economy
- The Sharing & Gig Economy’s Effect on Employment, Work Life and Careers
- Gig Workers/Drivers’ Rights & Employment Status Evolve
- Repairs, Errand-Running, Pet Walking and Assembly-on-Demand Businesses Evolve
- Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
- Private Jet Sharing and Rentals Grow
- Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Ride Hailing) Industry
- Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development Worldwide
- Bicycle Sharing Grows in Major Cities, But Finances Are Challenging
- Demand for Home Grocery Delivery Service Such as Instacart and Amazon Fresh Soars
- Meal Kits from Firms like Blue Apron Make It Easy to Prepare Home-Cooked Meals
- Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals to Homes
- Fashion Rental Pioneered by Online Apparel Firm Rent the Runway
- Shared Spaces for Co-Living and Co-Working Face Challenges
- Gig Economy and Self-Driving Cars Pose Insurance Challenges and Underwriting Opportunities
- The Future of the Sharing Economy and Gig Workforce: Regulation, Benefits, Licensing
and Soaring Growth
Sharing & Gig Economy Industry Statistics
- Sharing and Gig Economy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Ride-Hailing Services Adoption Demographics, U.S.: 2015 vs. 2018
- Persons Not in the Labor Force and Multiple Jobholders by Sex, U.S.: 2019-2020
- Share of U.S. Adults Performing Gig Work: 2019
- U.S. Gig Workers, by Age and Activity: 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- GLAMSQUAD Inc
- Care.com Inc
- FreshDirect LLC
- HomeAway Inc
- Trueblue Inc
- Parking Panda Corp
- Doctor On Demand Inc
- Wingz Inc