HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Sharing & Gig Economy Industry Almanac, 2019 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The penetration of digital technology into all aspects of life is no better represented than in the adjustment of work arrangements through the sharing economy. A sometimes-misunderstood term, the “sharing economy” is a system of peer-to-peer exchanges or rentals facilitated through a digital intermediary. Closely intertwined with the sharing economy is an expansion of “gig” and freelance work through digital platforms. These platforms allow increased access to services and workers in ways not seen before. Plunkett Research estimates the size of the global sharing economy at $116 billion for 2018 with industry growth expected through 2025.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 150 companies in the Sharing & Gig Economy Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-482-3 (Available)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-807-4 (Available)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 3
Companies Profiled: 160
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Sharing & Gig Economy business including:
- Introduction to the Sharing & Gig Economy Industry
- The Sharing & Gig Economy’s Effect on Employment, Work Life and Careers
- Demand for E-Commerce Deliveries and On-Demand Car Hailing Services Spurs Gig
Economy Worker Demand
- Repairs, Errand-Running and Assembly-on-Demand Businesses Thrive
- “Sharing Economy” Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb,
HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
- Private Jet Sharing and Rentals Grow
- Car Sharing Programs Like Zipcar and Autolib, AKA Mobility Services, Proliferate
- Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Ride Hailing) Industry
- Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and
- Bicycle Sharing Grows in Major Cities, But Finances Are Challenging
- Manhattan’s FreshDirect Sets the Pace in Grocery Sales Over the Internet/Amazon
Competes in Groceries
- Meal Kits from Firms like Blue Apron Make It Easy to Prepare Home-Cooked Meals Without Shopping at Supermarkets
- Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals to Customers’ Homes and Offices
- Fashion Rental Grows Thanks to Online Apparel Pioneer Rent the Runway
- Co-Living and Co-Working Catch on in Urban Areas
- Gig Economy and Self-Driving Cars Pose Insurance Challenges and Underwriting
- The Future of the Sharing Economy and Gig Workforce: Regulation, Benefits, Licensing
and Soaring Growth
Sharing & Gig Economy Industry Statistics
- Sharing and Gig Economy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Ride-Hailing Services Adoption Demographics, U.S.: 2015 vs. 2018
- Persons Not in the Labor Force and Multiple Jobholders by Sex, U.S.: 2017-2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- GLAMSQUAD Inc
- Care.com Inc
- FreshDirect LLC
- HomeAway Inc
- Trueblue Inc
- Parking Panda Corp