June 24, 2020
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Outsourcing & Offshoring Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Outsourcing has seen recent, significant growth across three broad areas: 1) logistics, sourcing and distribution services; 2) information technology services, including the creation of software and the management of computer centers; and 3) business process outsourcing (BPO) areas such as call centers, financial transaction processing and human resources management.
Offshoring, as opposed to outsourcing, covers such a wide variety of nations, products and practices that it is difficult to put a number on the size of the market. A significant share of offshoring revenue is created by contract manufacturing of electronics, shoes, apparel and accessories.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 400 companies in the Outsourcing & Offshoring Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-575-2 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-881-4 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 9
Companies Profiled: 374
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the outsourcing & offshoring business including:
- Introduction to the Outsourcing & Offshoring Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Outsourcing & Offshoring Industry
- Pros and Cons of Outsourcing & Offshoring
- BPO and KPO: White-Collar and Professional Tasks Such as Law and Accounting Are Outsourced/Call Centers Become More Sophisticated
- Nearshoring and Reshoring Keep Operations Closer to Home
- Health Care Goes Offshore, Medical Tourism and Clinical Trials Continue in China, India
- From Korea to India to Singapore to China, Nations Compete Fiercely in Biotech
- Offshoring to India Drives Changes in the Global Consulting Industry
- R&D Expands in Chinese Research Parks/Patent Filings Soar
- Outsourcing and Offshoring of Research, Development and Engineering Grow Along with Globalization
- Wage Rise Slows in China/Vietnam and Other Countries Gain Manufacturing Market Share
- The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
- Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure Consultancies
- Original Design Manufacturing (ODM) Adds Value to Contract Electronics Manufacturing
- Globalization and Worldwide Collaboration Fuel the Research Efforts of Major Corporations
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
- Industrial Robots and Factory Automation Advance Through Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Is Replacing Human Workers
- The Future of Outsourcing & Offshoring
Outsourcing & Offshoring Industry Statistics
- Outsourcing & Offshoring Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Services Supplied to Foreign & U.S. Markets Through Trade & Through Affiliates: 1999-2018
- U.S. Trade in Services by Major Category: 2013-March 2020
- U.S. Trade in Services by Affiliation & by Type: 2016-2018
- U.S. Trade in Services by Affiliation & by Type: 2013-2016
- U.S. Trade in Services by Affiliation & by Type: 2011-2014
- Estimated Revenue for Professional, Scientific & Technical Services Firms, U.S.: 2014-2018
- Top 50 Countries Exporting Textiles & Apparel to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2018-2019
- Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2012-2019
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Automatic Data Processing Inc (ADP)
- Benchmark Electronics Inc
- Acxiom Corp
- Affiliated Computer Services Inc
- Randstad Holding NV
- Alliance Data Systems Corporation
- Amdocs Limited
- Aon Hewitt
- Ariba Inc