March 31, 2020
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Internet of Things (IoT) & Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Industry Almanac, 2020 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
To put the massive scale and potential of Internet of Things (IoT) technology in perspective, consider the following: In a world of roughly 5 billion people with access to the internet (about two-thirds of the world’s population), about six times as many (29.3 billion) objects will be connected to the internet by 2023. Over the very long term, trillions of objects, points of geography, buildings, devices, appliances, vehicles, etc. may eventually be communicating with each other and with major computer systems via networks, fixed or wireless, over the IoT. Spending on IoT worldwide was estimated at $726 billion for 2019 by analysts at International Data Corporation (IDT), and will reach $1.1 trillion by 2023.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 400 companies in the Internet of Things (IoT) & Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-553-0 (Available)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-872-2 (Available)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 8
Companies Profiled: 406
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Internet of Things (IoT) & Machine-to-Machine (M2M) business including:
- Introduction to the Internet of Things (IoT) and Data Analytics Industry
- Smart Cities Utilize Sensors and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Increase Efficiencies/The
Internet of Things (IoT) Boosts Potential
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, Intelligent
Transportation (ITS) and Real Time Traffic Information
- Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development Worldwide
- Introduction to the Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning Industry
- A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the State of the Industry Today
- The Pros & Cons of Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation Revolutionize Supply Chain and
- Voice and Face Recognition Change the Wireless World, Enhanced Through Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
- Industrial Robots and Factory Automation Advance Through Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- The Future of Transportation and Supply Chains: Massive Investments in Infrastructure, Mobility Services and Hyperloop
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth, Including the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.5 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt
- Growth in Big Data Supported by Expansion of Cloud Computing and Predictive Analytics
- Precision Agriculture Technologies (AgTech), Farm Robotics, GPS and Irrigation Market
Grows Worldwide/Hi Tech Greenhouses
- 5G Wireless Networks to Rollout Worldwide, Enabling the Internet of Things (IoT)/Massive Investments Required
- CyberSecurity Challenges for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- The Internet of Things (IoT) in Factories, Robotics and Equipment
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and the Smart Home
- Hot Fields Within Computers, Hardware and Software Include Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things (IoT)
Internet of Things (IoT) & Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Industry Statistics
- Internet of Things & Data Analytics Communications Industry Statistics and Market Size
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2014-2019
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Selected Expenses: 2014-2019
- Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue & Expenses: 2014-2019
- Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services Industry, U.S.: Estimated Selected Expenses: 2014-2019
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2014-2019
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- Research Funding for Engineering, U.S. National Science Foundation: Fiscal Years 2019-2021
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Cybereason Inc
- Emerson Electric Co
- Palantir Technologies Inc
- WatchGuard Technologies Inc
- SAIC Motor Corporation Limited
- China Telecom Corporation Limited
- Tech Mahindra Limited
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC)