April 13, 2021
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Food Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The global food and agricultural industry for 2020 totaled about $9 trillion, according to Plunkett Research estimates, or about 10% of the world’s GDP. Global food exports totaled about $1.5 trillion. While it is obvious that food is of equal importance to all people on planet Earth, the relative cost of that food is not equal. It varies widely due to such influences as location, local food industries and the availability of proper infrastructure for food transportation and storage.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the Food Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-563-9 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-907-1 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 16
Companies Profiled: 494
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the food business including:
- Introduction to the Food & Beverage Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Food & Beverage Industry
- The State of the Food Industry Today
- Genetically Modified (GM) Seeds and Crops Planted in Dozens of Nations/Agribio R&D Investment Is High
- Genetically Modified (GM) Foods Prompt Controversy, Labeling and Legislation
- Cloning of Farm Animals/Meat and Cheese Substitutes Developed/3-D Printed Food Appears
- Selective Breeding, Mutagenesis and Gene-Editing, including CRISPR, as Alternatives to GM Seeds
- Obesity Sparks Government, School and Corporate Initiatives/Snack Foods Get Healthier/Taxes on Unhealthy Foods
- Organic Food Sales Continue Global Growth/Locally Sourced Foods and Farm to Table Increase in Popularity
- McDonald’s Repositions to Adapt to New Consumer Tastes and Robotics
- Demand for Home Grocery Delivery Service Such as Instacart and Amazon Fresh Soars
- Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals to Customers’ Homes
- Precision Agriculture Technologies (AgTech), Farm Robotics, GPS and Irrigation Market Grows Worldwide/Hi Tech Greenhouses
- Drones Provide New Tools for Precision Agriculture
- Aquaculture Gains Major Fish Supply Market Share
- Packaging Technology Improves/Wal-Mart and Coca-Cola Boost Packaging Sustainability
- Retail Technologies and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Advance for Store Checkout and Restaurant Orders
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- Walmart Still Dominates the Retail Industry, but Invests in Web Presence to Battle Amazon
- Private Label Brands Grow in Share of Total Store Sales
- Consumers Drive a Revolution in the Food Industry, Demanding Fresher, More Natural Foods, Creating both Pain and Opportunities
- Food Waste on the Rise/Recycling Efforts Underway
- Wages for Restaurant, Hotel and Hospitality Workers
- Fast Food Faces Stiff Competition from Casual Dining Restaurants (Fast Casual/ Fast Fine)
- Food Trucks Enjoy Boom but Are Challenged by the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Meal Kits from Firms like Blue Apron Make It Easy to Prepare Home-Cooked Meals
- The Future of the Food Industry, Agriculture, Food Demand, Supermarkets and Online Food Retailing
Food Industry Statistics
- Global Food Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Food Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Food Sales, U.S.: 2017-October 2020
- Gross Output in the Food & Beverage & Tobacco Product Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2013-2019
- Global Area of Biotech Countries: 2019
- Income Statement for U.S. Farm Sector: 2017-2021
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Agriculture, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2019-2021
- Direct Government Payments to U.S. Farms: 2015-2021
- Average Farm Operator Household Income & Assets, U.S.: 2016-2021
- Value Added to the U.S. Economy by the Agricultural Sector via the Production of Goods and Services: 2015-2020
- Summary of U.S. Agricultural Trade Projections: Fiscal Years 2019-2030
- Total U.S. Agricultural Commodity Exports & Imports, Top Ten Countries: 2016-February 2021
- Food Industry Employment, U.S.: 2016-January 2021
- Food Preparation and Serving Related Employment and Wage Estimates by Occupation, U.S.: May 2019
- World Supply & Utilization of Major Crops: 2017-2020
- World Supply & Utilization of Major Animal Products: 2017-Apr 2021
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Molson Coors Brewing Company
- Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Inc
- Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates Ltd
- Marathon Cheese Corporation
- Merisant Company
- Ahold Delhaize NV
- Sanderson Farms Inc
- Newly Weds Foods Inc
- Ajinomoto Co Inc
- Goya Foods Inc