HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Computers, Hardware & Software Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. Formally Plunkett’s InfoTech industry Almanac, you will find a complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The InfoTech industry is a truly globalized sector. Asia has grown to be one of the top spots worldwide for IT expenditures, research and manufacturing. Computer technology research, the development and manufacture of components and the assembly of completed systems have grown quickly in the labs and manufacturing plants of China, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Japan, among other nations. Computer services continue to move offshore quickly, particularly to the tech centers of India. Asian technology brands are very powerful, including Asus, Samsung and Lenovo. Meanwhile, the leading U.S. brands, including Apple and Dell, have most of their equipment manufactured in state-of-the-art factories in Asia.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the Computers, Hardware & Software Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-560-8 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-902-6 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 13
Companies Profiled: 468
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Computers, Hardware & Software business including:
- Introduction to the Computers, Hardware & Software Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Computers, Hardware & Software Industry
- Hot Fields Within Computers, Hardware & Software Include Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Supercomputing Hits 442.0 Petaflops/ IBM’s Watson Expands Commercial Applications for Big Data
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
- Growth in Big Data Supported by Expansion of Cloud Computing and Predictive Analytics
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth, Including the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.9 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
- Streaming Apps Take Over TVs
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) Digitize Patient Data at an Accelerating Pace
- Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure Consultancies
- Computer Chips with 7-Nanometer Density/Advanced Chips Are Required to Power the Future of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Breakthroughs Achieved in Quantum Computing
- Voice and Face Recognition Changes the Wireless World, Enhanced Through Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
- IT Consulting/Software Consulting/Computer Operations Consulting
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Digital Currency, Bitcoin and Blockchain Technologies Advance
- The Future: Pervasive Computing and Complete Mobility Will Be Standard
Computers, Software, Hardware & Technology Industry Statistics
- Computers, Hardware & Software Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- U.S. InfoTech Industry Quarterly Revenue: 2019-2020
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2015-2020
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2011-3rd Quarter 2020
- Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2014-3rd Quarter 2020
- Value of Computers & Electronic Products Manufacturers’ Shipments, Inventories & Orders by Industry, U.S.: 2012-October 2020
- Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.: 2014-3rd Quarter 2020
- Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2014-3rd Quarter 2020
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Computer Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2015-October 2020
- InfoTech Employment, U.S.: 2001-October 2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Adobe Systems Inc
- Benchmark Electronics Inc
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- Gateway Inc
- Omron Adept Technologies Inc
- TeamViewer AG
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Rocket Software Inc
- Western Digital Corporation
- Sega Sammy Holdings Inc