October 12, 2021
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Automobile Industry Almanac, 2022 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The automobile industry surged ahead worldwide in recent years, with particularly sharp growth in the U.S. and China. Analysts at S&P Global Ratings forecast the global market at about 83 million units for 2021, after a very disappointing 77 million during 2020. In the U.S., the stock of new cars available through dealers was very low during 2020 and 2021, due to temporary COVID-related shutdowns of factories and a lack of critical components.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 400 companies in the automobile industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-602-5 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-924-8 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minutes video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 20
Companies Profiled: 408
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the automobile business including:
- Automobile Industry Introduction
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Automobile Industry
- U.S. Auto Manufacturers Ford, Chrysler and GM Compete Head-On with Volkswagen,
Toyota and Honda
- U.S. Automobile Sales Show That Consumers Want Pickup Trucks and Crossovers
- Fuel Efficiency Continues to Improve
- Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) to See Massive New Investments by Auto Makers
- Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Operate the Gigafactory
- Natural Gas-Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks to Low Shale Gas Prices
- Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
- Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continues/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
- China Becomes the World’s Largest Auto Market
- India Has a Significant Automobile Market, with Great Long-Term Potential
- Mexico Is a Leading Automotive Maker and Exporter
- Focus on Safety Improvements by Automakers
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, Intelligent Trans-
portation (ITS) and Real-Time Traffic Information
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to be Tracked
for Lower Insurance Rates
- Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Ride Hailing) Industry
- Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development Worldwide
- Gig Economy and Self-Driving Cars Pose Insurance Challenges and Underwriting
Automobile Industry Statistics
- Automobile Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- General Motors Corporation Overview
- Ford Motor Company Overview
- Volkswagen Group Overview
- Toyota Motor Corporation Overview
- Daimler AG Overview
- Hyundai Motor Group Overview
- Honda Motor Co. Overview
- U.S. New Car & Truck Market Shares by Company: 2018-2020
- Licensed Drivers, Vehicle Registrations & Resident Population, U.S.: 1960-2019
- Highest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2021 Model Year
- Lowest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2021 Model Year
- Gross Output in the Motor Vehicles & Transportation Equipment Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2013-2019
- Personal Transportation Expenditures, U.S.: 2013-2020
- Average Miles Per Gallon vs. Horsepower, U.S.: 1975-2019
- Motor Vehicle Traffic Accidents in the U.S. by Type of Vehicle & Person: 2010-2019
- Value of Imports of Vehicles to the U.S.: 2015-2nd Quarter 2021
- Value of Exports of U.S. Vehicles: 2015-2nd Quarter 2021
- Occupational Employment and Wages for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics: May 2020
- Employment in the Automobile Industry, U.S.: 2015-June 2021
Companies Mentioned Include:
- AMERCO (U-Haul)
- Automobili Lamborghini Holding SpA
- Valeo SA
- AAMCO Transmissions Inc
- Kelley Automotive Group LLC
- AB Volvo
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd
- ADA Sa
- Opel (Adam Opel AG)
- Advance Auto Parts Inc