September 12, 2019
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Automobile Industry Almanac, 2020 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The automobile industry surged ahead worldwide in recent years, with particularly sharp growth in the U.S. and China. Some of the biggest winners from this surge are Korean automakers with soaring global sales. However, trouble maybe on the horizon. Surveys show that many young adults have little interest in owning a car of their own. Also a possible source of concern for automakers is the combination of car sharing strategies, like ZipCar, ride sharing systems, like Uber, and autonomous vehicles capable of driving themselves, which will have very profound effects on automobile manufacturing, usage, sales and ownership patterns. At least in dense urban environments, the result is very likely to be a large proportion of individuals who opt to use shared vehicles rather than user-owned cars.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 400 companies in the automobile industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-545-5 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-852-4 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minutes video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 22
Companies Profiled: 412
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the automobile business including:
- Automobile Industry Introduction
- U.S. Auto Manufacturers Ford, Chrysler and GM Compete Head-On with Volkswagen,
Toyota and Honda
- U.S. Automobile Sales Level Off/Consumers Want Pickup Trucks and Crossovers
- Fuel Efficiency Continues to Improve/Trump Administration Expected to Delay Increases in MPG Standards
- Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) to See Massive New Investments by Auto Makers
- Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Open the Gigafactory
- Natural Gas-Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks to Low Shale Gas Prices
- Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
- Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continues/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
- China Becomes the World’s Largest Auto Market
- India Sees Automobile Export Growth
- Mexico Is a Leading Automotive Maker and Exporter
- Focus on Safety Improvements by Automakers
- Car Sharing Programs Like Zipcar and Autolib, AKA Mobility Services, Proliferate
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, Intelligent
Transportation (ITS) and Real-Time Traffic Information
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates
- Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Raid Hailing) Industry
- Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development Worldwide
- Gig Economy and Self-Driving Cars Pose Insurance Challenges and Underwriting
Automobile Industry Statistics
- Automobile Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- General Motors Corporation Overview
- Ford Motor Company Overview
- Volkswagen Group Overview
- Toyota Motor Corporation Overview
- Daimler AG Overview
- Hyundai Motor Group Overview
- Honda Motor Co. Overview
- U.S. New Car & Truck Market Shares by Company: 2014-2018
- Licensed Drivers, Vehicle Registrations & Resident Population, U.S.: 1960-2017
- Highest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2019 Model Year
- Lowest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2019 Model Year
- Gross Output in the Motor Vehicles & Transportation Equipment Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2011-2017
- Personal Transportation Expenditures, U.S.: 2011-2018
- Average Miles Per Gallon vs. Horsepower, U.S.: 1975-2018
- Automobile Driving Costs, U.S.: 2018
- Motor Vehicle Traffic Accidents in the U.S. by Type of Vehicle & Person: 2008-2017
- Retail On-Highway Diesel vs. Regular Gasoline Prices, U.S.: January 1995-August 2019
- Value of Imports of Vehicles to the U.S.: 2013-2nd Quarter 2019
- Value of Exports of U.S. Vehicles: 2013-2nd Quarter 2019
- Occupational Employment and Wages for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics: May 2018
- Employment in the Automobile Industry, U.S.: 2013-June 2019
Companies Mentioned Include:
- AMERCO (U-Haul)
- Automobili Lamborghini Holding SpA
- Valeo SA
- AAMCO Transmissions Inc
- Kelley Automotive Group LLC
- AB Volvo
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd
- ADA Sa
- Opel (Adam Opel AG)
- Advance Auto Parts Inc