HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac, 2018 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Apparel and accessory retailers generally enjoyed substantial growth in sales around the world during recent decades. Leading American, Japanese and European brands opened large numbers of new stores in developing markets in Asia and elsewhere. Developments driving the appeal and textile industry include “fast fashion” stores that sell the latest designs at very low prices, growing interest in sports apparel for both athletic and non-athletic activities (athleisure), and the rising success of e-commerce in driving in-store apparel retailing.
- Plunkett Research lists top 350 companies in the Apparel & Textiles Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-464-9 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-777-0 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 330
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the apparel & textiles business including:
- Upswing in U.S. Apparel and Textile Jobs as Firms Reshore
- Working Conditions and Workers’ Rights Become Major Considerations as Work Moves from China to Lower-Cost Nations
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
- Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Plus Sizes Market Evolves to Serve Overweight Consumers
- Discount Clothing Retailers See Promise in Designer Lines
- Luxury Apparel, Accessories and Consumer Products Lines Compete for Growth
- Self Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow in Stores and Online
- Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
- Apparel Manufacturing Goes Green
- Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online Business Models
- Fashion Rental Grows Thanks to Online Apparel Pioneer Rent the Runway
- Subscription Fashion Services Grow, Including Site Stitch Fix
- Amazon Becomes one of the World’s Leading Sellers of Apparel and Shoes
- Disruption, Technology and the Future of the Fashion, Apparel and Shoes Business
Apparel & Textiles Industry Statistics
- Apparel & Textiles Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Price Index (PPI): 2003-February 2018
- Percent Change in Annual U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Prices: 2004-2017
- Top 50 Countries Exporting Textiles & Apparel to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2016-2017
- Top 50 Destinations of U.S. Textiles & Apparel Exports: 2016-2017
- Top 25 Countries Exporting Apparel & Non-Apparel Textiles to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2016-2017
- Top 15 Countries Exporting Fabric, Man-Made Fiber Products, Cotton Products & Wool Products to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2016-2017
- U.S. Retail Sales, Selected Kinds of Businesses: 2011-2017
- U.S. Retail Sales of Apparel, Shoes & Accessories: 2017
- Worldwide Cotton Area, Yield & Production: 2015-2018
- Apparel & Textiles Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2013-2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 3M COMPANY
- Cabela's Inc
- Abercrombie & Fitch Co
- Motorsports Authentics LLC
- Alpha Pro Tech Ltd
- American Eagle Outfitters Inc
- Ann Inc
- Warnaco Swimwear Inc
- Belk Inc