HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Computers, Software, Hardware & Technology Industry Almanac, 2018 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The InfoTech industry is a truly globalized sector. Estimated global spending for InfoTech (including hardware, software, services and telecommunications) for 2017 was $3.5 trillion, up from $3.4 trillion the previous year. Emerging markets are of extreme importance to the IT sector. The number of wireless subscriptions worldwide is soaring while the number of laptop and tablet owners is also growing at a rapid rate in emerging nations. Low prices for equipment and services are fueling this boom. The InfoTech industry’s footprint goes beyond smartphones and PCs with the expansion of broadband sources allowing high-speed access to information and media, the increasing use of computerized systems in business and healthcare, and high-tech approaches to logistics and supply chain strategies.
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in the Computers, Software, Hardware & Technology Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-466-3 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-769-5 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 473
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the computers, software, hardware & technology business including:
- Hot Fields Within Computer Hardware and Software Include Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity and Big Data
- Supercomputing Hits 93.01 Petaflops/ IBM’s Watson Expands Commercial Applications for Big Data
- Growth in Big Data Supported by Expansion of Cloud Computing and Predictive Analytics
- Google, CableVision, FreedomPop and Republic Wireless Bypass Cellular Networks with Wi-Fi
- Global Internet Market Tops 3.8 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- TVs Are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) Digitize Patient Data at an Accelerating Pace
- Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure Consultancies
- Breakthroughs Achieved in Quantum Computing
- Voice Recognition Changes the Wireless World/Enables New Bots and Hardware
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
- The “Internet of Things” (IoT) and M2M: Wireless Sensors to Boom, Aided by Nanotechnology
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- The Future: Pervasive Computing and Complete Mobility Will Be Standard
Computers, Software, Hardware & Technology Industry Statistics
- Internet, Computer & Software Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- U.S. InfoTech Industry Quarterly Revenue: 2016-2017
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2013-2017
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2008-3rd Quarter 2017
- Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2011-3rd Quarter 2017
- Value of Computers & Electronic Products Manufacturers' Shipments, Inventories & Orders by Industry, U.S.: 2009-November 2017
- Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.: 2011-3rd Quarter 2017
- Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2011-3rd Quarter 2017
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Computer Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2012-November 2017
- InfoTech Employment, U.S.: 2000-November 2017
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Adobe Systems Inc
- Benchmark Electronics Inc
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- Acxiom Corp
- Omron Adept Technologies Inc
- ADTRAN Inc
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD)
- Affiliated Computer Services Inc
- Akamai Technologies Inc
- ASG Technologies Group Inc