HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Biotechnology, Drugs & Genetics Industry Almanac, 2017 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Biotechnology can be defined as the use of living organisms (such as bacteria), biological processes, or biological systems in order to create a desired end result or end product. Primary markets for biotechnology include: 1) Agriculture, where genetically-modified seeds are now in wide use in many nations. 2) The manufacture of enzymes for food processing or converting organic matter into ethanol for fuel. 3) Pharmaceuticals, where biotechnology creates such therapies as antibodies, interleukins and vaccines based on living organisms to target specific cellular conditions. Analysts estimate global biotech industry revenues for publicly-held companies at $132.7 billion in 2015, up from $123.1
- Plunkett Research lists top 400 companies in the Biotechnology, Drugs & Genetics Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-415-1 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-740-4 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and industry statistics
- Industry associations list
- Profiles of leading companies
Statistical Tables Provided: 16
Companies Profiled: 392
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the biotechnology, drugs & genetics business including:
- The State of the Biotechnology Industry Today
- Major Drug Companies Acquire or Partner With Smaller Biotech Firms
- From Korea to India to Singapore to China, Nations Compete Fiercely in Biotech Development
- Patients’ Genetic Profiles Plummet in Price as DNA Sequencing Technologies Advance
- Gene Therapies Target Defective Genes/CRISPR Advances DNA Editing
- New Blockbuster Drugs Come to Market/ Drug Prices Soar/Generics Offer Some Relief
- Biotech and Orphan Drugs Create New Revenues for Drug Firms
- Biosimilars (Generic Biotech Drugs) Receive FDA Guidelines for Accelerated Approval/Competition Will Be Fierce
- Stem Cells—Multiple Sources Stem from New Technologies
- Nanotechnology Converges with Biotech
- Genetically Modified (GM) Seeds and Crops Planted in Dozens of Nations/Agribio R&D Investment Is High
- Genetically Modified (GM) Foods Prompt Controversy, Labeling and Legislation
- Biopharming, Development of Transgenic, Plant-Based Pharmaceuticals
- Cloning of Farm Animals/Meat and Cheese Substitutes Created in Laboratories/Eggless and Vegan Food Substitutes Gain Market Share
- Immunotherapy Promises New Approach to Fighting Cancers
Biotech & Genetics Industry Statistics
- Biotech Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- The U.S. Drug Discovery & Approval Process
- U.S. FDA New Drug (NDA) and Biologic (BLA) Approvals, 2015
- U.S. Pharmaceutical R&D Spending Versus the Number of New Molecular Entity (NME)
- Employment in Life & Physical Science Occupations by Business Type, U.S.: May 2015
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for General Science & Basic Research, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2014-2016
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Pharmaceutical Products: 2010-1st Quarter 2016
- U.S. Prescription Drug Expenditures, Aggregate & Per Capita Amounts, Percent Distribution: 2008-2024
- Prescription Drug Expenditures, U.S.: Selected Years, 1960-2024
- Total U.S. Biotechnology Patents Granted per Year by Patent Class: 1977-2015
- Research Funding for Biological Sciences, U.S. National Science Foundation: Fiscal Years
- Global Area of Biotech Crops by Country: 2015
- Domestic & Foreign Pharmaceutical Sales, PhRMA Member Companies: 1980-2015
- Sales By Geographic Area, PhRMA Member Companies: 2014
- Domestic U.S. Biopharmaceutical R&D & R&D Abroad, PhRMA Member Companies: 1980-2015
- Domestic U.S. Biopharmaceutical R&D & R&D Abroad Breakdown, PhRMA Member Companies: 2014
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Vericel Corporation
- Abaxis Inc
- Abbott Laboratories
- Abeona Therapeutics Inc
- Insmed Inc
- Affymetrix Inc
- Agilent Technologies Inc
- Akorn Inc
- Albany Molecular Research Inc
- Alcon Inc