HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Automobile Industry Almanac, 2017 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The automobile industry surged ahead worldwide in recent years, with particularly sharp growth in the U.S. and China. Analysts at IHS Automotive forecast the global market at 88.12 million units for 2016. However, the combination of car sharing strategies, like ZipCar, ride sharing systems like Uber, and autonomous vehicles capable of driving themselves will have very profound effects on automobile manufacturing, usage, sales and ownership patterns. At least in dense urban environments, the result is very likely to be a large proportion of individuals who opt to use shared vehicles rather than user-owned cars.
- Plunkett Research lists top 400 companies in the automobile industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-418-2 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-743-5 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minutes video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 25
Companies Profiled: 407
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the automobile business including:
- Automobile Industry Introduction
- U.S. Auto Manufacturers Ford, Chrysler and GM Compete Head-On with Volkswagen, Toyota and Honda
- Hybrid Cars’ Market Share Falls
- Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) Enter the Market in Low Numbers
- Natural Gas-Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks to Low Shale Gas Prices
- Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continues/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
- Outsourcing of Automobile Component Manufacturing/Design
- Optimum Lean Production Saves Manufacturing Costs
- China Becomes the World’s Largest Auto Market but Growth Is Slowing
- Focus on Safety Improvements by Automakers/Self-Driving Cars
- Small Cars Boosted by Green Consumers and MPG Regulations
- Car Sharing Programs (Short-Term Rentals), AKA Mobility Services, Proliferate
- Consumers Use Bike Sharing, Car Services Like Uber, Light Rail and Ride Sharing to a Growing Extent
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, Intelligent Transportation (ITS) and Real-Time Traffic Information
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Drivers Allow Their Habits to be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates
Automobile Industry Statistics
- Automobile Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- General Motors Corporation Overview
- Ford Motor Company Overview
- Volkswagen Group Overview
- Toyota Motor Corporation Overview
- Daimler AG Overview
- Hyundai Motor Group Overview
- Honda Motor Co. Overview
- U.S. New Car & Truck Market Shares by Company: 2010-2015
- New Vehicle Sales by Vehicle Type, U.S.: 2008-2015
- Licensed Drivers, Vehicle Registrations & Resident Population, U.S.: 1960-2014
- Highest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2016 Model Year
- Lowest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2016 Model Year
- Gross Output in the Motor Vehicles & Transportation Equipment Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2008-2014
- Personal Transportation Expenditures, U.S.: 2008-2015
- Average Miles Per Gallon vs. Horsepower, U.S.: 1975-2014
- Automobile Driving Costs, U.S.: 2015
- Highway Vehicle Miles Traveled, U.S., Monthly: January 1990-September 2015
- Motor Vehicle Traffic Accidents in the U.S. by Type of Vehicle & Person: 2005-2014
- International Retail Premium Gasoline Prices: May 1996-May 2016
- Retail On-Highway Diesel vs. Regular Gasoline Prices, U.S.: January 1995-December 2015
- Value of Imports of Vehicles to the U.S.: 2010-2nd Quarter 2016
- Value of Exports of U.S. Vehicles: 2010-2nd Quarter 2016
- Occupational Employment and Wages for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics: May 2015
- Employment in the Automobile Industry, U.S.: 2010-July 2016
Companies Mentioned Include:
- AutoAlliance International Inc
- AMERCO (U-Haul)
- Automobili Lamborghini Holding SpA
- AAMCO Transmissions Inc
- AB Volvo
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd
- Dealership Holdings LLC
- ADA Sa
- Opel (Adam Opel AG)
- Advance Auto Parts Inc