HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Apparel, Textiles, Clothing & Fashions Industry Almanac, 2016 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
While Chinese manufactures have enjoyed a dominant position in shoes, apparel and household textiles manufacturing for several years, lost cost competition and reshoring are putting a dent in China’s dominance of apparel and textile manufacturing. The rise of the fast fashion trend is also reshaping how companies interact with their suppliers and shippers to stay ahead of the competition. On the consumer side of the industry, online shopping platforms, demographic changes, and the renewed interest in athletic wear are shaping the apparel and textiles industry in new and exciting ways.
- Plunkett Research lists top 350 companies in Apparel and Textiles and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-383-3 (Availability Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-716-9 (Availability Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 345
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the apparel, textiles, clothing & fashions business including:
- Introduction to the Apparel & Textiles Industry
- Wages Rise in China/Vietnam, Cambodia and Other Countries Gain Manufacturing Market Share
- Upswing in U.S. Apparel and Textile Manufacturing Jobs as Firms Reshore
- Working Conditions and Workers’ Rights Become Major Considerations as Work Moves from China to Lower-Cost Nations
- Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Plus Sizes Market Evolves to Serve Overweight Consumers
- Discount Clothing Retailers See Promise in Designer Lines
- Luxury Apparel, Accessories and Consumer Products Lines Compete for Growth
- Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
- Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online Business Models
Apparel & Textiles Industry Statistics
- Apparel & Textiles Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Price Index (PPI): 2003-2016
- Percent Change in Annual U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Prices: 2004- January 2016
- Top 50 Countries Exporting Textiles & Apparel to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2014-2015
- Top 50 Destinations of U.S. Textiles & Apparel Exports: 2014-2015
- Top 25 Countries Exporting Apparel & Non-Apparel Textiles to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2014-2015
- Top 15 Countries Exporting Fabric, Man-Made Fiber Products, Cotton Products & Wool Products to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2014-2015
- U.S. Retail Sales, Selected Kinds of Businesses: 2009-2015
- U.S. Retail Sales of Apparel, Shoes & Accessories: 2015
- Worldwide Cotton Area, Yield & Production: 2013-2016
- Apparel & Textiles Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2011-2016
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 3M COMPANY
- Cabela’s Inc
- Abercrombie & Fitch Co
- Motorsports Authentics LLC
- Alpha Pro Tech Ltd
- American Eagle Outfitters Inc
- Ann Inc
- Warnaco Swimwear Inc
- Belk Inc