Complete Guide to the Airlines, Hotels & Travel Industry From Plunkett Research 2017
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Airlines, Hotels & Travel Industry Almanac, 2017 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The global travel industry is comprised of a wide variety of businesses, from hotels and inns to casino resorts, trains, buses, airplanes, cruise ships, tour operators and travel bookers, both online and physical. In most parts of the world, hotels and resorts have been enjoying good to excellent occupancy rates.
In the U.S., the airline industry has improved operating efficient and received a profit boost from the lower cost of fuel, thanks to declining oil prices. Among international carriers, the upstart Emirates has carved out a place for itself as a major long-haul airline. Discount airlines remain very important players in the U.S. as well as in Europe and the rest of the world.
- Plunkett Research lists top 300 companies in the Airlines, Hotels & Travel business and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-416-8 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-741-1 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 25
Companies Profiled: 330
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Airlines, Hotels & Travel business including:
- Introduction to the Travel Industry
- Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
- Boeing and Airbus Face Waning Orders/Major Aircraft Market in China
- Massive Long Term Growth in China’s Travel Market/Indian Travel Market Rebounds
- China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways & Airports
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) Continue Strong Growth in Bookings/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
- Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Grow as Certification Standards Emerge
- What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
- Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels, to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling
- Dog-Friendly Hotels Will Gain Market Share
- “Sharing Economy” Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
- Cruise Industry Market Is Strong while Capacity Soars with New Ships
- U.S. Passenger Train Projects Receive Funding, Including Amtrak and Light Rail
- Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID and Wireless Technologies Save Costs and Enhance Travelers’ Experiences at Airlines
- Private Space Vehicles Begin to Fly, Including the SpaceShipTwo, but Recent Crashes and Explosions May Slow Development
Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics
- Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996-2015
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 12 Months Ended April 2016 and April 2015
- Consolidation in U.S. Airlines
- Annual U.S. Domestic Average Itinerary Air Fare: 1995-2016
- U.S. Aviation Industry Average Annual Percentage Growth Forecasts by World Region: 2016-2036
- U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2001-2036
- Total Scheduled U.S. International Passenger Traffic, U.S. Commercial Air Carriers: 2001-2036
- International Visitor Arrivals to the U.S.: Selected Years, 2000-2014
- International Visitor Arrivals to the U.S., Forecast: 2014-2020
- Top Destinations of U.S. Residents Traveling Abroad (Outbound): 2013-2014
- Top 20 Countries Ranked by International Tourism, Number of Arrivals: 2006-2013
- Domestic Airline Jet Fuel Prices, U.S.: January 1986-October 2015
- Quarterly System Operating Profit & Loss Margin for U.S. Airlines: 1st Quarter 2015 -1st Quarter 2016
- Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2015 System Scheduled Enplanements
- U.S. Airline Revenue Passenger Enplanements: January 1996-April 2016
- Cruise Line Industry Overview, U.S.: 2009-2015
- Amtrak Ridership: January 1991-September 2015
- Rail Passenger Capacity Utilization, U.S.: January 2003-August 2015
- Highway Vehicle Miles Traveled, U.S., Monthly: January 1990-September 2015
- Quarterly Growth in Real Tourism Spending & Real GDP, U.S.: 2000-2016
- Transportation Services Index, U.S.: January 2000-September 2015
- Percent Change in the U.S. Transportation Services Index (TSI) from Year-to-Year: 2005-2016
- Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2014-2015
- Employment in the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry, U.S.: 2009-May 2016
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Balboa Travel Inc
- Go-Ahead Group plc (The)
- Accor North America
- Extended Stay America Inc
- Japan Airlines Co Ltd
- Kerzner International Limited
- ADA Sa
- Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc
- Aer Lingus Group
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines JSC