Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Airlines, Hotels & Travel Industry Almanac 2023 Edition
Publication Date: September 2022
Buy this Book
Publication Date: September 2022
Buy this Book
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 9
Companies Profiled: 300
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry.
Major Trends Affecting the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry
- Introduction to the Travel Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry
- Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
- Major Airlines Change Strategy, Charge Fees
- Some International Airlines Cut First Class Seats and Add to Business Class/Premium Economy Now Widely Available
- Private Jet Sharing and Rentals Soar
- Boeing and Airbus Compete for New Orders
- New Aircraft Designs Offer Greater Passenger Comfort/More Efficient Engines
- Supersonic Jets Fly Again
- Hydrogen and Electric Powered Airplanes Are Under Research and Development
- Airports Expand
- China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways, Airports & Silk Road
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
- Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Gained Popularity as Certification Standards Emerged
- Luxury Hotel Chains Expanded Globally
- What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
- Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels, to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling to Fitness Options
- Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
- Localization Will Drive Hotel Features, Marketing
- Dog-Friendly Hotels Will Gain Market Share
- Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, Vrbo and Many Global Competitors
- Cruise Industry Rebuilds After the Coronavirus
- Small Cruise Ships Feature Adventure, Luxury, Intimacy or Access to More Places
- River Cruise Lines Launched with Low Capital Investment and High Fares
- Chinese Tourism Will Create Growth Opportunities for the Cruise and Hotel Industries
- New Technologies Show Promise for Port and Airport Security
- High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Advance in China and Europe
- U.S. Passenger Train Projects Receive Funding, Including Light Rail and All Aboard Florida
- Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
- Space Travel Firms Seek Tourists/New Vehicles for U.S. Astronauts
Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics
- Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996-2021
- Consolidation in U.S. Airlines
- U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2010-2042
- Top Regions of U.S. Residents Traveling Abroad (Outbound): 2020-2021
- Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2021 System Scheduled Enplanements
- Cruise Line Industry Overview, U.S.: 2015-2021
- Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2019-4th Quarter 2021
- Employment in the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry, U.S.: 2016-May 2022
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.