Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Airlines, Hotels & Travel Industry Almanac 2021 Edition
Publication Date: September 2020
Buy this Book
Publication Date: September 2020
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 300 companies in the Airlines, Hotels & Travel industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-581-3 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-888-3 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 15
Companies Profiled: 314
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Airlines, Hotels & Travel business including:
- Introduction to the Travel Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry
- Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
- Major Airlines Change Strategy, Charge Fees
- Some International Airlines Cut First Class Seats and Add to Business Class/Premium
Economy Now Widely Available
- Private Jet Sharing and Rentals Soar
- Boeing and Airbus Lose Orders
- New Aircraft Designs Offer Greater Passenger Comfort/More Efficient Engines
- In Flight Wireless Takes Off
- Airports Expand
- Growth in China’s and India’s Travel Markets Curtailed by the Coronavirus
- China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways, Airports & Silk Road
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) Continue Strong Growth in Bookings/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
- Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Gained Popularity as Certification Standards Emerged
- Luxury Hotel Chains Expanded Globally
- What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
- Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels,
to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling to Fitness Options
- Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
- Hotel Mergers Enable Chains to Claim Market Share, Add Unique Properties
- Localization Will Drive Hotel Features, Marketing
- Dog-Friendly Hotels Will Gain Market Share
- Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway
and Many Global Competitors
- Cruise Industry Market Was Strong But Faces Tremendous New Challenges
- Small Cruise Ships Feature Adventure, Luxury, Intimacy or Access to More Places
- River Cruise Lines Launched with Low Capital Investment and High Fares
- Chinese Tourism Will Create Growth Opportunities for the Cruise and Hotel Industries
- New Technologies Show Promise for Port and Airport Security
- High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Advance in China and Europe
- U.S. Passenger Train Projects Receive Funding, Including Light Rail and All Aboard Florida
- Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID, Facial Recognition and Wireless Technologies Save Costs and Enhance Travelers’ Experiences at Airlines and Hotels
- Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
- Space Travel Firms Seek Tourists/New Vehicles for U.S. Astronauts
- The Future of Travel
Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics
- Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996-2019
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 12 Months Ended April 2020 and April 2019
- Consolidation in U.S. Airlines
- Annual U.S. Domestic Average Itinerary Air Fare: 1996-2019
- U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2010-2019
- Total Scheduled U.S. International Passenger Traffic, U.S. Commercial Air Carriers: 2010-2019
- Top Destinations of U.S. Residents Traveling Abroad (Outbound): 2017-2018
- Top 20 Countries Ranked by International Tourism, Number of Arrivals: 2011-2018
- Quarterly U.S. Scheduled Service Passenger Airlines Financial Reports:
1st Quarter 2019-1st Quarter 2020
- Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2019 System Scheduled Enplanements
- Cruise Line Industry Overview, U.S.: 2013-2019
- Monthly U.S. Transportation Services Index (TSI): November 2019-March 2020
- Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2017-1st Quarter 2019
- Employment in the Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry, U.S.: 2014-June 2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Balboa Travel Inc
- Go-Ahead Group plc (The)
- Accor North America
- Extended Stay America Inc
- Japan Airlines Co Ltd
- Kerzner International Limited
- ADA Sa
- Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc
- Aer Lingus Group
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines JSC
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.