Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Automobiles & Trucks Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: September 2018
Buy this Book
Publication Date: September 2018
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 400 companies in the automobile industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-507-3 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-831-9 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minutes video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 22
Companies Profiled: 404
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the automobile business including:
- Automobile Industry Introduction
- U.S. Auto Manufacturers Ford, Chrysler and GM Compete Head-On with Volkswagen, Toyota and Honda
- U.S. Automobile Sales Still Strong/ Consumers Want Pickup Trucks and Crossovers
- Fuel Efficiency Continues to Improve/Trump Administration Expected to Delay Increases in MPG Standards
- Manufacturers Invest in Advanced Batteries and Raise Targets for Hybrid Car Sales
- Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) to See Massive New Investments by Auto Makers
- Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Open the Gigafactory
- Clean Diesel Technology Faces Consumer and Regulatory Challenges/Volkswagen Faces Emissions Scandal
- Natural Gas-Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks to Low Shale Gas Prices
- Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
- Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continues/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
- China Becomes the World’s Largest Auto Market
- India Sees Automobile Export Growth
- Mexico Now a Major Automotive Maker and Exporter
- Focus on Safety Improvements by Automakers
- Car Sharing Programs Like Zipcar and Autolib, AKA Mobility Services, Proliferate
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, Intelligent
Transportation (ITS) and Real-Time Traffic Information
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car
- Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates
- Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Raid Hailing) Industry
- Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and
Automobile Industry Statistics
- Automobile Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- General Motors Corporation Overview
- Ford Motor Company Overview
- Volkswagen Group Overview
- Toyota Motor Corporation Overview
- Daimler AG Overview
- Hyundai Motor Group Overview
- Honda Motor Co. Overview
- U.S. New Car & Truck Market Shares by Company: 2013-2017
- Licensed Drivers, Vehicle Registrations & Resident Population, U.S.: 1960-2016
- Highest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2018 Model Year
- Lowest Fuel Economy by Vehicle Class: 2018 Model Year
- Gross Output in the Motor Vehicles & Transportation Equipment Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2010-2016
- Personal Transportation Expenditures, U.S.: 2010-2017
- Average Miles Per Gallon vs. Horsepower, U.S.: 1975-2014
- Automobile Driving Costs, U.S.: 2017
- Motor Vehicle Traffic Accidents in the U.S. by Type of Vehicle & Person: 2007-2016
- Retail On-Highway Diesel vs. Regular Gasoline Prices, U.S.: January 1995-August 2018
- Value of Imports of Vehicles to the U.S.: 2012-2nd Quarter 2018
- Value of Exports of U.S. Vehicles: 2012-2nd Quarter 2018
- Occupational Employment and Wages for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics: May 2017
- Employment in the Automobile Industry, U.S.: 2012-June 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- AutoAlliance International Inc
- AMERCO (U-Haul)
- Automobili Lamborghini Holding SpA
- AAMCO Transmissions Inc
- AB Volvo
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd
- Dealership Holdings LLC
- ADA Sa
- Opel (Adam Opel AG)
- Advance Auto Parts Inc
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.