Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable Energy Industry Almanac 2023 Edition
Publication Date: December 2022
Buy this Book
Publication Date: December 2022
Buy this Book
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable Energy Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 20
Companies Profiled: 250
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable Energy Industry.
Major Trends Affecting the Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable Energy Industry
- Solar Installations Soar While Solar Panel Costs Plummet
- Photovoltaic Technologies, Thin Film Solar and Solar Panel Efficiency
- Utility Scale Solar Plants
- Wind Power
- Hydroelectric Power
- Geothermal Power
- Biomass, Waste-to-Energy, Waste Methane and Biofuels from Algae
- Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
- Tidal Power
- Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continue/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
- Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) to See Massive New Investments by Auto Makers
- Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Operate the Gigafactory
- Natural Gas-Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks to Low Shale Gas Prices
- Homes and Commercial Buildings Seek Green Certification
- Smart Electric Grid Technologies Are Adopted
- The Energy Industry Invests in Storage Battery Technologies with an Eye on Distributed Power and Renewables
- Nuclear Energy Moves Ahead in India, China and the Middle East
- Nuclear Fusion Technologies Might Create Unlimited, Emission-Free Power
- New Display Technologies with PLEDs
- Electric Utilities Adopt Coal Emissions Scrubbers While the Industry Tests Carbon Capture and Clean Coal Technologies
- Superconductivity Provides Advanced Electricity Distribution Technology
- Lower Energy Intensity Is a Prime Focus in China/U.S. Achieves Dramatic Energy Intensity Reductions
Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable Energy Industry Statistics
- Global Alternative Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Alternative Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Approximate Energy Unit Conversion Factors
- Biomass Energy Resource Hierarchy
- Comparison of Alternative Fuels with Gasoline & Diesel
- World Total Primary Energy Consumption by Region: 2017-2050
- Share of Electricity Generation by Energy Source, U.S.: Projections, 2021-2050
- Energy Consumption by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2021
- Primary Energy Flow by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2021
- Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 2021
- Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 1990-July 2022
- Energy Production by Renewable Energy, U.S.: Selected Years, 1955-2021
- U.S. Renewable Energy Consumption by Energy Source, 2015 vs. 2021
- Fuel Ethanol Production & Consumption, U.S.: 1981- July 2022
- Biodiesel Production & Consumption, U.S.: 2001- July 2022
- Top 10 Countries by Installed Wind Generating Capacity: 2021
- Top 15 U.S. States by Installed Wind Generating Capacity: 2nd Quarter 2022
- U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Science & Energy Programs: 2021-2023
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Energy, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2020-2022
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.