Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable Energy Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: December 2018
Buy this Book
Publication Date: December 2018
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 250 companies in the Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-479-3 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-839-5 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 31
Companies Profiled: 260
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable Energy business including:
- Small-Scale Solar Panel Installations Soar Through Subsidies, While Solar Cell Costs
- Photovoltaic Technologies, Thin-Film Solar and Solar Panel Efficiency
- Utility-Scale Solar Plants, Including Concentrating Solar Power (CSP), Are Operating,
But Costs Are Massive
- Wind Power
- Hydroelectric Power
- Geothermal Power
- Biomass, Waste-to-Energy, Waste Methane and Biofuels from Algae
- Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
- Tidal Power
- Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continue/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
- Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) to See Massive New Investments by Auto
- Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Open the Gigafactory
- Natural Gas-Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks
to Low Shale Gas Prices
- Homes and Commercial Buildings Seek Green Certification
- Smart Electric Grid Technologies Are Adopted
- The Energy Industry Invests in Storage Battery Technologies with an Eye on Distributed Power and Renewables
- Nuclear Energy Moves Ahead in India, China and the Middle East
- New Display Technologies with PLEDs
- Electric Utilities Adopt Coal Emissions Scrubbers While the Industry Tests Carbon Capture and Clean Coal Technologies
- Superconductivity Provides Advanced Electricity Distribution Technology
- Lower Energy Intensity Is a Prime Focus in China/U.S. Achieves Dramatic Energy
Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable Energy Industry Statistics
- Global Alternative Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Alternative Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Approximate Energy Unit Conversion Factors
- Average Heat Content of Selected Biomass Fuels
- Biomass Energy Resource Hierarchy
- Comparison of Alternative Fuels with Gasoline & Diesel
- World Total Primary Energy Consumption by Region: 2012-2050
- World Consumption of Hydroelectricity & Other Renewable Energy by Region: Projections, 2015-2050
- Share of Electricity Generation by Energy Source, U.S.: Projections, 2016-2050
- Energy Consumption by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2017
- Primary Energy Flow by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2017
- Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 2017
- Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 1981-July 2018
- Net Electrical Power Generation From Renewable Energy Sources, U.S.: 2000-July 2018
- Total Renewable Electricity Net Generation by Source & State, U.S.: 2017
- Net Electricity Generation from Conventional Hydropower by Sector & Region, U.S.: 2016-2017
- U.S. Historical Hydroelectric Generation Compared to 20-Year Average for 1998-2017
- Energy Production by Fossil Fuels & Nuclear Power, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
- Energy Production by Renewable Energy, U.S.: Selected Years, 1955-2017
- Renewable Energy Consumption by Source, U.S.: Selected Years, 1960-2017
- U.S. Renewable Energy Consumption by Energy Source, 2011 vs. 2017
- Renewable Energy Consumption in the Residential, Commercial & Industrial Sectors, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Renewable Energy Consumption in the Transportation & Electric Power Sectors, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Fuel Ethanol Production & Consumption, U.S.: 1981- August 2018
- Biodiesel Production & Consumption, U.S.: 2001- August 2018
- Top 10 Countries by Installed Wind Generating Capacity: 2017
- Top 15 U.S. States by Installed Wind Generating Capacity: 3rd Quarter 2018
- Net Electricity Generation from Wind by Region, All Sectors, U.S.: 2007-2017
- U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Science & Energy Programs: 2017-2019
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Energy, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Estimated Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE) for New Electricity Generation by Energy Source
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 3M Company
- ABB Ltd
- AES Corporation (The)
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- Alstom SA
- Ultralife Corporation
- American Superconductor Corp
- Applied Materials Inc
- Archer Daniels Midland Co (ADM)
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.