Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Restaurant, Hotel and Hospitality Industry Almanac 2020 Edition
Publication Date: May 2020
Buy this Book
Publication Date: May 2020
Buy this Book
Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-530-1 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-875-3 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 8
Companies Profiled: 351
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the restaurant, hotel and hospitality business including:
Introduction to the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Global Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
- McDonald’s Repositions to Adapt to New Consumer Tastes and Robotics
- Wages for Restaurant, Hotel and Hospitality Workers
- Fast Food Faces Stiff Competition from Casual Dining Restaurants (Fast Casual/Fast Fine)
- Food Trucks Serve Busy Urban Diners, Introduce New Chefs
- Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals to Customers’ Homes and Offices
- Restaurants with No Seats
- Obesity Sparks Government, School and Corporate Initiatives/Snack Foods Get Healthier/Taxes on Unhealthy Foods
- Retail Technologies Advance for Restaurant Digital Orders, along with Robotics and Automation
- Cruise Industry Market Was Strong But Faces Tremendous New Challenges
- Small Cruise Ships Feature Adventure, Luxury, Intimacy or Access to More Places
- River Cruise Lines Launched with Low Capital Investment and High Fares
- Chinese Tourism Will Create Growth Opportunities for the Cruise and Hotel Industries
- Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Grow as
Certification Standards Emerge
- Luxury Hotel Chains Expanded Globally
- What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
- Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels,
to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling to Fitness Options
- Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
- Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway
and Many Global Competitors
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
- Hotel Mergers Enable Chains to Claim Market Share, Add Unique Properties
- Localization will Drive Hotel Features, Marketing
- Dog-Friendly Hotels Gain Market Share
- The Future of the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Statistics
- Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated U.S. Food Services and Drinking Places Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2012-2019
- Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2017-4th Quarter 2019
- Top 20 Countries Ranked by International Tourism, Number of Arrivals: 2011-2018
- Changes in Food Price Indexes, U.S.: 2018-2020
- Consumer Food Price Indexes, Food Away from Home & Food at Home, U.S.: 1997-2018
- Restaurant and Hospitality Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Food Preparation and Serving Related Employment and Wage Estimates by Occupation, U.S.: May 2019
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Accor North America
- Extended Stay America Inc
- Kerzner International Limited
- Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc
- Ramada Worldwide Inc
- Ameristar Casinos Inc
- Autogrill SpA
- Barcelo Crestline Corporation
- Best Western International Inc
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.