Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Engineering, Research & Development Almanac 2018 Edition
Publication Date: May 2018
Buy this Book
Publication Date: May 2018
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in Engineering & Research and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: 978-1-62831-469-4 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-779-4 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 24
Companies Profiled: 499
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the engineering & research business including:
- Introduction to the Engineering & Research Industry
- A Short History of U.S. Industrial Research & Development
- R&D Expands in Chinese Research Parks/Patent Filings Soar
- Outsourcing and Offshoring of Research, Development and Engineering Grow Along With Globalization
- Original Design Manufacturing (ODM) Adds Value to Contract Electronics Manufacturing
- The State of the Biotechnology Industry Today
- From Korea to India to Singapore to China, Nations Compete Fiercely in Biotech Development
- Government Support for Stem Cell Research Evolves
- Nanotechnology Converges with Biotech
- Globalization and Worldwide Collaboration Fuel the Research Efforts of Major Corporations
- Number of Patent Applications Remains High/Patent Laws Change
- 3D Printing (Additive Manufacturing), Rapid Prototyping and Computer Aided Design
- Industrial Robots and Factory Automation
- Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continues/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
- Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) Enter Market in Low Numbers
- Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Plan Gigafactory
- The Future: Pervasive Computing and Complete Mobility Will Be Standard
- Supercomputing Hits 93.01 Petaflops/IBM’s Watson Expands Commercial Applications for Big Data
- Superconductivity Provides Advanced Electricity Distribution Technology
- Private Space Vehicles Begin to Fly, Including the SpaceShipTwo
- Technology Discussion—Synthetic Biology
- The Future of Transportation and Supply Chains: Massive Investments in Infrastructure, Growing Traffic and Adoption of Smarter Technologies
- HPTP Thermoplastics, Thermoset and Engineered Plastics Enable Advanced Products/Nanocomposites Offer the Ultimate in Advanced Materials
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
Engineering & Research Industry Statistics
- Engineering & Research Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Quarterly Engineering & Research Industry Revenues, U.S.: 2017
- Engineering & Scientific Research & Development Services: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2011-2016
- Federal R&D Funding by Character of Work and Facilities and Equipment, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Federal R&D Budget & Distribution by Agency, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for National Defense, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Health and Human Services, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Space Flight, Research & Supporting Activities, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- NASA Budget Appropriations & Projections: 2017-2023
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Basic Research, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Agriculture, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Transportation, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Energy, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Science & Energy Programs: 2017-2019
- U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) Budget: Fiscal Years 2016-2018
- Research Funding for Biological Sciences, U.S. National Science Foundation: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Research Funding for Engineering, U.S. National Science Foundation: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Domestic U.S. Biopharmaceutical R&D & R&D Abroad, PhRMA Member Companies: 1980-2016
- Top Foreign Countries by Number of Residents Receiving U.S. Patents: 2015
- Top 30 U.S. Patent Recipient Organizations: 2016
- Major Patenting U.S. Universities: 2016
- The U.S. Drug Discovery & Approval Process
- Employment in Engineering Occupations by Business Type, U.S.: 2014-February 2018
- Employment in Life & Physical Science Occupations by Business Type, U.S.: May 2017
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 3M COMPANY
- Adobe Systems Inc
- Agfa-Gevaert NV
- Benchmark Electronics Inc
- AB Volvo
- ABB LTD
- Abbott Laboratories
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd
- ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC
- Acxiom Corp
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.