Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
E-Commerce & Internet Industry Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: February 2019
Buy this Book
Publication Date: February 2019
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the E-Commerce & Internet Industry.
- Printed Almanac: 978-1-62831-485-4 ISBN (Available Now)
- E-book: 978-1-62831-808-1 ISBN (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 501
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the e-commerce & internet business including:
- Introduction to the E-Commerce & Internet Business
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Amazon Continues to Boost its Market Share
- Retailers Offer Expedited Delivery to Compete with Amazon
- Package Delivery by Drone
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.0 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
- China is the World’s Largest E-commerce Market and Continues to Boom
- India Is the New E-Commerce Battle Ground
- Social Media Generates Billions of Dollars in Global Online and Mobile Ad Revenues
- Overview of the Social Media Industry
- Digital Advertising Soars, Has Larger Share of U.S. Advertising Market Than TV
- Programmatic Ad Buying Dominates the Digital Media Market
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) Continue Strong Growth in Bookings/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
- Apple’s iTunes Set the Standard in the Music Industry, but Digital Sales Slow
- Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face New
Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 33 Million Subscribers
- Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry
- Cable and Satellite TV Struggle With Cord-Cutting/Cheaper Streaming Options Proliferate, Including Netflix
- Quality of Care and Health Care Outcomes Data Are Available Online, Creating a New
Level of Transparency
- Online Banking Grows on Smartphones/The Internet and ATMs Replace Branches and
- Insurance Direct Selling and E-Commerce Grow
- The “Internet of Things (IoT)” and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Manhattan’s FreshDirect Sets the Pace in Grocery Sales Over the Internet/Amazon
Competes in Groceries
- Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online
- Fashion Rental Grows Thanks to Online Apparel Pioneer Rent the Runway
- Light-Weight Satellites and Project Loon Balloons Studied for Internet Access and
- “Sharing Economy” Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Subscription Fashion Services Grow, Including Stitch Fix
- Amazon Becomes One of the World’s Leading Sellers of Apparel and Shoes
E-Commerce & Internet Industry Statistics
- E-Commerce & Internet Business Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2009-3rd Quarter 2018
- E-Commerce Related Services Quarterly Revenue, U.S.: 2017-2018
- U.S. Retail Trade Sales, Total & E-commerce: 2015-2018
- Total & E-commerce Sales for Electronic Shopping & Mail-Order Houses, By Merchandise Line, U.S.: 2015-2018
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Home Broadband Adoption Demographics, U.S.: January 2018
- Smartphone Adoption Demographics, U.S.: January 2018
- Internet Users by Demographic Group, U.S.: 2018
- Amazon.com, Inc. Annual Sales & Income: 2012-2018
- eBay Annual Statistics: 2012-2017
- Employment in E-commerce & Internet-related Fields, U.S.: 1999-2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 1-800 Contacts Inc
- 1-800-Flowers.com Inc
- Adobe Systems Inc
- Automatic Data Processing Inc (ADP)
- A B Watley Group Inc
- About Inc
- Acxiom Corp
- AdStar Inc
- ADTRAN Inc
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.