Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Almanac 2018 Edition
Publication Date: April 2018
Buy this Book
Publication Date: April 2018
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-475-5 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-775-6 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 29
Companies Profiled: 507
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics business including:
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
- Trucking Companies Enjoy Dominant Market Share, Focus on Driver Challenges and Regulatory Issues
- China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways, Airports & Silk Road
- High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Advance in China and Europe
- Ships Get Bigger and More Efficient as Freighter Overcapacity Hits the Shipping Industry
- Ports and Canals Expand to Accommodate Larger Vessels
- Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
- Boeing and Airbus Have Massive Aircraft Order Backlogs/Major Aircraft Market in China
- Air Traffic Grows/Airports Expand/Asia Has Strong Air Traffic
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and Real Time Traffic Information
- India’s Transportation Infrastructure Needs Billions of Dollars in Construction
- Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development Worldwide
- Smart Cities Utilize Big Data, Sensors and Advanced Technologies to Increase Efficiencies of All Kinds/Massive Business Opportunities Emerge
- The Future of Transportation and Supply Chains: Massive Investments in Infrastructure, Mobility Services and Hyperloop
Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry Statistics
- Transportation Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated U.S. Core Transportation Sector Revenues 1990-2017
- U.S. Transportation & Warehousing Industry Revenues: 2014-2017
- U.S. Transportation & Warehousing Industry Expenses: 2013-2016
- Top 50 Countries Providing U.S. Imports: 2010-2017
- Top 50 Countries Receiving U.S. Exports: 2010-2017
- Top 30 U.S. Customs Ports by Waterborne Foreign Container Trade: 2013-2015
- Top 30 U.S. Customs Ports by Waterborne Foreign Container Import: 2013-2015
- Top 30 U.S. Customs Ports by Waterborne Foreign Container Export: 2013-2015
- U.S. Surface Trade with Canada: 1993-2015
- U.S. Surface Trade with Mexico: 1993-2015
- Truck Transportation Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue by Commodities Handled: 2012-2016
- Truck Transportation Industry, U.S.: Estimated Truck Inventories: 2012-2016
- Retail No. 2 Diesel vs. Regular Gasoline Prices, U.S.: January 1995-March 2018
- Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2017 System Scheduled Enplanements
- Quarterly U.S. Scheduled Service Passenger Airlines Financial Reports: 3rd Quarter 2016-3rd Quarter 2017
- 3rd Quarter U.S. Domestic Average Itinerary Air Fare: 1995-2017
- U.S. Aviation Industry Average Annual Percentage Growth Forecasts by World Region: 2017-2038
- Total Scheduled U.S. International Passenger Traffic, U.S. Commercial Air Carriers: 2010-2038
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 12 Months Ended December 2017 and December 2016
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996-2017
- U.S. Airline Revenue Passenger Enplanements: January 1996- September 2017
- U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2001-2037
- Domestic Airline Fuel Cost, U.S.: January 1986- January 2018
- Average Freight Revenue Per Ton-mile, U.S.: 1990-2016
- Transportation Services Index, U.S.: January 2000- January 2018
- Personal Transportation Expenditures, U.S.: 2009-2016
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Transportation, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2015-2017
- Transportation Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2013-January 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- AMERCO (U-Haul)
- AB Volvo
- Go-Ahead Group plc (The)
- Japan Airlines Co Ltd
- ADA Sa
- Aer Lingus Group
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines JSC
- Air Canada
- Air China Limited
- Air New Zealand Ltd
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.