Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Telecommunications Industry Almanac 2023 Edition
Publication Date: August 2022
Buy this Book
Publication Date: August 2022
Buy this Book
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Telecommunications Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 350
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Telecommunications Industry.
Major Trends Affecting the Telecommunications Industry
- Introduction to the Telecommunications Industry
- Landline Subscribers Cancel Service/ Bundled Services Pick Up Market Share
- 5G Wireless Networks Rollout Worldwide, Enabling the Internet of Things (IoT)/Massive Investments Required
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth, Including the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Wireless Service Subscriptions Worldwide Reach 9.1 Billion
- Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 4G and 5G Smartphones
- VOIP (Telephony over the Internet) Continues To Revolutionize the Telecommunications Industry
- Telecom Equipment Makers Face Intense Competition from Manufacturers in China/Huawei Faces Controversy
- Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
- Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
- Global Internet Market Tops 5.2 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Telecommunications Systems Move Online Including Unified Communications, Telepresence
- Carriers Reinstate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones/Face Intense Subscription Price Competition
- Smaller Satellites (SmallSats and CubeSats) and Low Earth Orbit Revolutionize Telecommunications
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Open New Avenues for Hacking
Telecommunications Industry Statistics
- Telecommunications Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2016-2020
- Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Breakdown of Revenue by Type of Customer, U.S.: 2017-2020
- ATT & the Bell Companies, Then & Now
- Total Retail Local Telephone Service Connections, U.S.: 2016-2019
- Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2016-2020
- Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
- Satellite Telecommunications: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2018-2021
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2016-2021
- Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2016-2021
- Employment in the Telecommunications Industry, U.S.: 1990-May 2022
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.