Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Energy, Oil & Gas, and Utilities Almanac 2017 Edition
Publication Date: November 2016
Buy this Book
Publication Date: November 2016
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research lists top [Number] companies in the Energy & Utilities, Oil & Gas Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-423-6 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-748-0 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 44
Companies Profiled: 500
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the energy & utilities, oil & gas business including:
- Energy Industry Introduction
- A Brief History of Electricity Production, Oil Prices and Reserves
- Smart Meters Now Installed in Millions of Homes, but Consumers Are Slow to Adopt Dynamic Pricing
- Superconductivity Provides Advanced Electricity Distribution Technology
- Global Shale Gas Resources Revolutionize the Energy Industry
- LNG Projects Boom, Including Floating Plants (FLNG)/America Begins LNG Exports
- Oil Field Services Gain from Advanced Technologies/Firms Endure Revenue Decline and Layoffs
- Extremely Deep Oil and Gas Fields Offshore of the West and East Coasts of Africa
- Promising Deepwater Fields Offshore of Brazil, and a Major Discovery Nearby in Guyana
- Energy Demand Climbs in India and China/Nuclear, Hydro and Gas Projects Grow, but Coal Remains Dominant
- Electric Utilities Adopt Coal Emissions Scrubbers While the Industry Tests Carbon Capture and Clean Coal Technologies
- U.S. Coal Industry Suffers, while Coal Use Grows Dramatically in India and China
- Nuclear Energy Moves Ahead in India, China, the UK and the Middle East
- Refineries Along with Chemicals and Plastics Plants Invest Heavily in U.S./Take Advantage of Shale Natural Gas
- Energy Intensity Is a Prime Focus in China/U.S. Achieves Dramatic Energy Intensity Results
Energy & Utilities, Oil & Gas Industry Statistics
Overview of the Energy Industry
- Global Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview: 2014-2015
- U.S. Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview: Selected Years, 1990-2015
- U.S. Energy Intensity: 1980-2040
- Primary Energy Flow by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2015
- Energy Consumption by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2015
- Total U.S. Energy Consumption: 2014-2040
- Energy Consumption & Expenditures Indicators, U.S.: Selected Years, 1975-2015
- Energy Imports, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Energy Exports, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Total Energy Imports, Net Energy Imports & Petroleum Imports, U.S.: 1970-2015
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Energy, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2014-2016
- U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Science & Energy Programs: 2015-2017
- Approximate Energy Unit Conversion Factors
- Electricity Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 1981-July 2016
- Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 2015
- Net Electrical Power Generation From Renewable Energy Sources, U.S.: 2000-July 2016
- Average Retail Prices of Electricity Sold by U.S. Electric Utilities: Selected Years, 1960-2015
- Estimated Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE) for New Electricity Generation by Energy Source
III. Fossil Fuels and Nuclear Energy
- Energy Production by Fossil Fuels & Nuclear Power, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Petroleum Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Crude Oil Production & Drilling Activity, U.S.: Selected Years, 1990-2015
- Crude Oil Domestic First Purchase Prices, U.S.: Selected Years, 1960-2015
- Landed Costs of U.S. Crude Oil Imports from Selected Countries: Selected Years, 1975-2016
- Petroleum Imports by Country of Origin, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2015
- Refinery Capacity & Utilization in the U.S.: Selected Years, 1980-2015
- Refinery Sales Prices & Refinery Profit Margins for Selected Petroleum Products, U.S.: Selected Years, 2000-2015 Petroleum Consumption by the Transportation Sector, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Retail On-Highway Diesel vs. Regular Gasoline Prices, U.S.: January 1995-December 2015
- Top World Oil Reserves by Country: 2015
- Top World Oil Producers: 2015
- Top World Oil Importers: 2012
- Top World Oil Exporters: 2012
- Top World Oil Consumers: 2015
- Coal Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Natural Gas Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Natural Gas Prices Paid, by Sector, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2015
- Annual U.S. Shale Gas Production: 2005-2040
- The 15 Largest Nuclear Reactors in the U.S.
IV. Renewable Energy
- Energy Production by Renewable Energy, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Renewable Energy Consumption by Source, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Renewable Energy Consumption in the Residential, Commercial & Industrial Sectors, U.S.: 2009-2015
- Renewable Energy Consumption in the Transportation & Electric Power Sectors, U.S.: 2009-2015
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Ameren Corporation
- Denbury Resources Inc
- ABB Ltd
- Geokinetics Inc
- Goodrich Petroleum Corporation
- AES Corporation (The)
- Adams Resources & Energy Inc
- Southern Company Gas
- Alliance Resource Partners LP
- Alliant Energy Corporation
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.