Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Computers, Software & Technology Almanac 2017 Edition
Publication Date: January 2017
Buy this Book
Publication Date: January 2017
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in the Computers, Software, Hardware & Technology Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-428-1 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-753-4 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 482
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the computers, software, hardware & technology business including:
- Introduction to the InfoTech Industry
- Hot Fields Within Computer Hardware and Software Include Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity and Big Data
- Tablets and Smartphones Cause Decline in PC and Laptop Computer Market
- Computer and Smartphone Markets in India and China Targeted by Manufacturers
- Domestic Manufacturing and Investment Grow
- Supercomputing Hits 93.01 Petaflops/IBM’s Watson Expands Commercial Applications for Big Data
- New Semiconductors Provide Higher Speeds and Lower Power Consumption/China
- Invests in Domestic Chip Manufacturing and Research
- Open Source Systems Grow/New Operating Systems Launch
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
- Growth in Big Data Supported by Expansion of Cloud Computing and Predictive Analytics
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
- Google, CableVision, FreedomPop and Republic Wireless Bypass Cellular Networks with Wi-Fi
- Global Internet Market Tops 3.5 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
- TVs Are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories like Roku and
- Chromecast Stream Content
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) Digitize Patient Data at an Accelerating Pace
- Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure Consultancies
- The Future: Pervasive Computing and Complete Mobility Will Be Standard
- Silicon Chips with 7-Nanometer Density/Memristors/Nanotechnology to Create Powerful Semiconductors with Advantages Over Silicon
- Nanotechnology Holds the Key to the Ultradense NRAM Digital Memory of the Future
- Breakthroughs Achieved in Quantum Computing
- Voice Recognition Changes the Wireless World/Enables New Bots and Hardware
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt
- The “Internet of Things” (IoT) and M2M: Wireless Sensors to Boom, Aided by
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into
- Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
- Virtual Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion
- Games to Grow
- Cloud Computing Squeezes the Outsourcing Industry
Computers, Software, Hardware & Technology Industry Statistics
- InfoTech Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- U.S. InfoTech Industry Quarterly Revenue: 2015-2016
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2010-2016
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses,
- U.S.: 2010-2015
- Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2007-3rd Quarter 2016
- Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2010-2nd Quarter 2016
- Value of Computers & Electronic Products Manufacturers' Shipments, Inventories & Orders by Industry, U.S.: 2008-2016
- Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.: 2010-
- 2nd Quarter 2016
- Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2010-1st Quarter 2016
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2016
- Computer Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2010-October 2016
- InfoTech Employment, U.S.: 2000-October 2016
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Adobe Systems Inc
- Benchmark Electronics Inc
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- Acxiom Corp
- Omron Adept Technologies Inc
- ADTRAN Inc
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD)
- Affiliated Computer Services Inc
- Akamai Technologies Inc
- ASG Technologies Group Inc
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.